Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's 2010!!

The year 2010? Sounds so futuristic!!

The holidays were so fun. We spent time in Seattle with my family, a few days up in Leavenworth, WA where we honeymooned, then spent new years back in Seattle. It was a good time and so nice to be with family and a chance to be up in the mountains of Washington.
On the 29th of December at the age of 94, my Oma passed away. It was great for my mom to have us home when this happened, it helped having a complete support system!
I'm so happy that my grandma is in a better place now. She'd been suffering from some dimensia in the past year plus a stroke. But even so, she exited this world listening to her favorite soundtrack "The Sound Of Music" holding both my grandpa's hand and my aunt Margaret's hand.
On the 10th of January we held the most celebrated memorial for her! We had over 300 people attend, my aunts & uncles all spoke & my dad and I sang.
My uncle Mac put on the most incredible slide show of my grandmothers life, showcasing her love of family, the outdoor adventures, gardening and traveling. This particular remembrance reminded me so much of myself, seeing how much I'm like her and my mom. So the best gift from it all was a better sense of self and reminding me of who I am and what I love in this life!

Here's a photo of my grandma from 1939 having cought a very large salmon.


I took this the day of her memorial - Mt. Ranier was out! My grandpa and grandma climbed this mountain with their kids in the 1960's.


3 generations of strong women. This was Christmas 2007.


Here are some more photos from our great trip:





My Dad had a great tree again this year, not one bad ornament on it!






Our drive through the mountains was a throw back to our college days living in cold wintery climates!!


This house is exactly what we would love our dream house to look like!!




My dear friend Alison and her baby Kaiton.


Now that it's 2010, it's a new year. That being said, there are many intentions we have set forth and look forward to creating. We'll keep you updated along the way.
For now, Happy New Year!

Love, The Kaitons

No comments: