Thursday, April 21, 2005

grateful

I am so grateful these days for what my life has been so far.
I have been blessed with the most incredible and most loving family. Not to mention the amount of laughter that goes on in our daily lives.
I received an incredible education at some amazing schools with even more amazing teachers.
I have been able to travel a lot in my 27 years, and have fallen in love with it.
My friends, the hobbies I've aquired, I am a lucky spirit that is surrounded by love all the time!

I was chatting with someone last night about how we were brought up, and I have certainly had more exposure to certain things in life compared to him, and so therefore our views are different. So, is this what happens? When someone who has never been around gay people, has never had a friend or family member who is gay...is it easy then to make judgements about them, and feel that they are bad?
I am trying to think of something I'm "afraid" of, or something I have a major judgement about because of my lack of exposure... that's a hard one because I'm so very open to all aspects and walks of life. I'll have to think about that.

I am grateful for being able to accept and love every single person in this world! I used to not think that way, but I was not far off. I see everyone as having a purpose on this earth, and see and understand that people are brought up certain ways, and I have a hard time with those that judge, those that are not open to the possibility of love, the possibility that that gay man or middle eastern man sitting next to you at work is actually more like you than you think.

I have a grandfather that is extremely smart, and very conservative. For a man who has developed a law firm from scratch, that is located internationally to not have the intellectual intuition that perhaps there are people who are gay working in his law firm, is beyond me.

well, just my thoughts, and I'm sorry they are so scattered, I am not the best writer by any means!!!

til next time

your pal jen

No comments: