Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fahner

I woke up this morning so sad and upset because of the dream I had. I was crying so hard in my dream and when I woke up, I had no tears, but they started coming.
I dreamt about my grandfather, I miss dearly who passed 8 years ago. In my dream he drowned near the ocean, and I was saying to my family that I hope he didn't suffer, and then we all started to cry. It's that crying that is so mournful, and full of sadness. In real life he passed from a massive heart attack in his home at the age of 81.

It's the middle of August, I'm at work listening to christmas music and sipping my hot coffee flavored with milk and sugar. And the memories of christmas are flooding my head. My grandfather along with most of my family were all fantastic musicians. So each christmas party was full of singing, and loud wonderful music. My mom at the piano trying to keep up with the singers who included my dad, my uncles, and me. My cousins played their instruments as well, but no ones energy compared to my grandfathers. He stood 6'4" and had a tenor voice that could cut right through an orchestra. He could have had a prefessional career as a tenor, but he chose to be the big fish in the small pond instead and took care of his family. He was a man with the biggest heart I'd ever seen and had the best sense of humor I know.

I now see myself in him, and it's the greatest thing in the world to see so much of myself in someone I love so dearly. I promise to follow my career in music as he did, and share my gifts with others as he did. He was also a talented doctor, who cared so much about people. I am so thankful that I knew him, that he's a part of me, and that I got the chance to sing with him in my younger years.

He's missed.

J

No comments: