Monday, August 15, 2005

Foreshadowing

I was recalling the other day my first visit to LA after passing by the hotel I stayed at on my first independent visit to this place. It was the winter of 1997 new years. I was a freshman in college, and I thought it was so cool that our football team had one all of their games. Some girls and myself decided we should drive from Washinton State to Los Angeles, CA to see the rosebowl, since our school was playing against Michigan that year. That was 1998 Jan. 1st.

The girls I came with were all from a small town that never new traffic, and had only one stop light. I on the other hand had been raised in a big hilly city with a stick shift. So I was the one to drive all around Los Angeles while we visited.

I remember driving through West Hollywood, thinking it was so nice, with all the Palm Trees. We stayed in Westwood at the Doubletree just off Beverly Hills. That also was nice!

Now I am living here and thinking about how far I have come since then. It's amazing to think about how I didn't really know anything about LA, and I embraced a visit with drive and excitement. So now, I really know the city, and have come to the conclusion that; once you get the chance to live in a place like Los Angeles, and if you can handle it, you can live anywhere.

It's fun to take some time and relfect on what makes me who I am, and how much I have put myself outside of my comfort zone not even knowing if I could handle it, and growing from my experiences.

Makes me wonder.

J

No comments: