Monday, August 22, 2005

Seen it all

Living in a large city as Los Angeles, I've been exposed to many things. In a sense I've seen it all.
Often I see a guy who stands on the median of a major intersection and he is always hitting the sign post with his one crutch. Passing by him in my car, I see that his skin is flush red with crazy, and his eyes are glossed over with hunger, pain, and insanity. I think to myself this guy is the type you'd see in a mental institute, and here he is roaming the streets of Los Angeles for money.

Once I went to the mall on my lunch break to purchase a new pair of shoes for an event. I parked and then went to get on the elevator being sure to let the young woman with the baby stroller to get on first. I smiled nicely at the woman, and allowed her to proceed. Once in the elevator I looked down into the carriage or the stroller, and there was no baby. It was a small dog, with a toy next to it, and a water dish. I laughed inside.

I was getting off the freeway one time and had to stop at the light. I look over to my right and saw a guy in a wheel chair stand up and stretch, and then his friend sat in the chair. It was the funniest thing to see these guys use a wheel chair for sympathy only, as they begged for food or money.

My boyfriend and I went to a Dodgers vs. Anaheim baseball game, and once the game was over we witnessed a major fight between men below us in our section. Granted I have never really seen a major fight take place in front of me before, so this was shocking to watch.
One guy who had been taunting the dodger fans, got kicked, beat, punched, and thrown over the seats. By the time 5 guys had kicked the living shit out of him, he was bleeding from his ear, and his pregnant wife or girlfriend was trying to clean him up. Eventually security showed up, but not until all the damage was done.

Living in a crazy neighborhood such as West Hollywood, there is a lot to see especially around the holidays. Men dressed as women, women dressed as men. Dance clubs with men dancing half naked on pedistals. And not to metion the Haloween carnival thrown every year, it's a site to see.

I'm sure I'll recall more crazy incidents.

Fun stuff!

J

No comments: