Thursday, August 25, 2005

Family Ties

It seems to me that the most important things in my life are my family and my friends, and the type of relationships I have. This is why moving away from some of the most important people in my life has been so hard.

Granted I am in the midst of a new beginning, a time to create my own life, create new experiences, and get on my feet in a strange new environment. I have certainly learned that taking risks can be scary, but can be beneficial to one's character, and personal growth.
Each day I miss the life I grew to love and adore, and I wish I was home for birthdays, anniversaries, family gatherings, parties with friends, creating new memories.

I remember the moment so vividly in my mind. It was the day I knew I had to move to Los Angeles. I was riding on a train in Europe with my family, and I think we were traveling from the south of Spain to Madrid. I had my headphones on listening to music, and a voice inside me said "you have to go."
So for about a year and a half I worked hard to earn money for the move, and struggled all the time with whether or not it was the right decision, but I knew I needed to at least try, and see what was to come.

On a weekend in April I had a long heart felt conversation with my mom about moving back to Seattle. And that was it, I was mentally preparing to move back to Seattle after being in Los Angeles for one year without a great job and without the love of my life, music! Then that same weekend I met the man I have recently moved in with. At that moment, I knew LA was not through with me.
Suddenly everything looked different. I was hanging out with someone who has been in the city for 5 years, and new the right parts to show me. I was seeing nature again, going on drives to the ocean and the mountains. And then music came back into my life.

Things are much brighter now for me, and it took time. I have a solid base of friends, and I have some family, and I'm creating new memories for myself. I just can't wait to share it all with the ones I love who are not near me!!

J


No comments: